Adopted at the Founding Members’ Meeting, January 31, 2014
Having, as we trust, been brought by divine grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to give up ourselves to him, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit, we do now, relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully renew our covenant with each other.
- We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. (Eph 4:3)
- We will be devoted to one another in brotherly love. With humility and gentleness we will patiently bear with each other, forgiving, encouraging and building one another up, exercising watchfulness over each other and admonishing one another when necessary. (Luke 17:3; Col 3:13; 1 Thes 5:11; 1 Pet 1:22)
- We will not neglect to gather together, or to pray for ourselves and others. (Col 4:2; Heb 10:25)
- We promise to bring up our children and youth in the training and instruction of the Lord, and by a pure and loving example to seek the salvation of our family and friends. (Eph 6:4; 1 Pet 3:1)
- We will rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep, helping to carry each other’s burdens. (Rom 12:15)
- We will seek, by God’s help, to live carefully in this world, denying ungodliness and worldly passions. We will strive to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, as we wait for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. (Titus 2:12; 1 Pet 1:14)
- We will defend and maintain an evangelical ministry in this church by supporting and upholding
• The preaching of the Word of God (2 Tim 4:2)
• The administration of the Gospel ordinances (baptism and the Lord’s Supper) (Acts 2:38; 1 Cor 11:26)
• The exercise of Church discipline (Matt 18:17; 1 Cor 5:13)
- We will contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations. (Matt 28:19; Luke 12:33; 2 Cor 9:7)
- We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)