Parent Partnership & Gospel Focus.
At Grace Evangelical Church, we want to see the next generation treasure and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is our privilege to steward the souls of our children by teaching them God's Word and praying for their salvation. Grace Kids is a ministry that was birthed out of our desire to partner with parents in their God-given responsibility to raise their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Deut 6:6-7; Eph 6:4).
Grace Kids exists to partner with parents in raising up children in the training and instruction of the Lord Jesus Christ; through gospel focused, Bible based, age appropriate teaching and care. It is our desire to see our children come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to grow in the faith.
Friday Worship Gathering.
One of the primary ways we partner with parents is by offering age appropriate teaching from the Bible. There are two different classes offered for children ages 0-4 yrs old and 5-11 yrs old on Friday morning.
Grace Kids - 9:30 am (0-11 yrs old)
During our Grace Foundations class, we offer two separate classes for children ages 0-4 yrs old and 5-11 yrs old. During each class, the teachers will teach a gospel focused Bible story, led age appropriate activities, sing gospel songs, pray, and memorize the Bible verse of the month.
Friday Worship - 10:30 am (0-4 yrs old)
During our Friday Worship Service, we offer childcare for children ages 0-4 yrs old. This time is primarily intended to serve parents with little ones, but it is also a time where we hope to have opportunities to share the gospel and point our children to Christ.
Safe Child Policy.
We take the safety of each child very seriously. This is why we not only have a vetting process for volunteers, but also have a detailed policy to protect our children. Here are some of the ways we strive to protect our kids (click here to read the full policy):
- Screened and vetted volunteers.
- Child registration and sign in procedures.
- Minimum of three volunteers with kids at all times.
- Bathroom, diaper changing, and physical touching policies.
- Necessity of reporting suspected child abuse.
Want to Volunteer?
If you are a member at Grace Evangelical Church and you would like to volunteer, here is a breakdown of the responsibilities and requirements in order to join our Grace Kids Team.
- Serving in Grace Kids at least once/month.
- Facilitating and serving at the sign-in desk.
- Teaching and leading the activities during Grace Foundations.
- Watching Grace Kids 0-4 yrs old during the Worship Service.
- Praying and coming ready to share the gospel with our Grace Kids.
- Being a member in good standing at Grace Evangelical Church.
- Reading and agreeing to the Grace Kids Safe Child Policy.
- Filling out the Grace Kids Volunteer Application.
- Meeting with a pastor for a follow-up interview.
- Agreeing to be bound by the policies of Grace Kids.
If you have any questions, please email our pastors at: firstname.lastname@example.org.