A Complementarian Vision
At Grace Evangelical Church, we believe that both men and women are equally created in the image of God (Gen 1:26-28). Therefore, both our dignity as image bearers and our need for salvation as sinners are equal before the Lord. However, God has also made it clear in His Word that men and women have been created with distinct roles. Paul roots our differences as men and women in the created order of Adam, and then Eve, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve" (1 Tim 2:12-13). Therefore, men and women have been created equally by God, yet with distinct roles of authority and submission that complement one another as a display of God's infinite wisdom and glory.
Grace Women's Ministry exists to encourage and equip the saints to be women of the Word who are strong in faith, zealous to serve the body, and eager to submit to God's gracious design for godly womanhood that is to be lived out in every season of life.
One way for women to grow as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ and connect with other women is to attend our weekly Women's Study which meets every Wednesday morning at 10 am. The Women's Study exists to equip our saints to be women of the Word in community who:
- Rightly handle the Word of Truth.
- Know how to apply the Scriptures to their daily lives.
- Teach the truth in love to other women.
- Pray and encourage other women to be accountable to God's Word.
- Adorn the gospel with the inner beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.
Here are some ways that women at Grace Evangelical Church can sharpen and disciple one another:
- Read the Bible or a good Christian book with other sisters.
- Meet other sisters for ongoing prayer, encouragement, and accountability.
- Visit other sisters in their homes to serve each other in practical ways.
- Look for opportunities to serve in a ministry on Friday morning.
- Attend equipping opportunities such as Christian conferences with other women.
- Attend future Grace Women's Outings or Fellowship Meals.
If you have any questions, please contact Samson Thomas at: email@example.com.